I love my spouse but the lack of sexual gratification is slowly driving a wedge between us. What can I do to save my sexless marriage? If this is your situation, you are not alone, help is here. In this article, I will talk about ways to save your sexless marriage and stop you from having an affair. Sex is an important part of marriage and the lack thereof can break a marriage.While it is true that we all differ in our sexual desires from time to time, we must however make sure that those differences are not affecting our intimacy.
There are a number of reasons why a couple’s sexual life dwindles over time but these very reasons may end up snuffing out the love you feel for each other.
That said, below are some things that kill sexual desire.
1. Body odor-disgusting odors are a huge sexual turn off. Good personal hygiene are essential to get rid of body and vaginal odors.
2. Mouth odor-practice meticulous oral hygiene to prevent bad breath and stop your embarrassment.
3. Tiredness and lack of energy- if it becomes a long-term problem, it will affect your quality of life and daily activities.
4. Children- couples may shy away from sex once they start having children. It is important to make time for each other away from the kids so as to keep the marriage fires burning.
5. Lack of enough sleep
7. Depression – a depressed spouse may give up on life hence it is important to address the issue early enough so as to prevent terrible consequences.
8. Biological changes such as when a woman is in menopause
If these are some reasons why your sex life is in the doldrums, then you need to decide to do something about it before it’s too late. How do you solve the above problems so you can save your sexless marriage
If lack of sleep is a problem that makes you tired and uninterested in sex, then you should see a sleep specialist to help you out. You owe your marriage that. Do the best you can to wash and brush morning and evening so you don’t emit bad odors that turn your partner off. If halitosis and body odor are a problem, again see a physician to help you out.
When you are depressed, you lose interest in everything, so seeing a therapist might help, plus it is important that you have good nutrition and exercise so your energy levels don’t drop.
If you are struggling with intimacy in your marriage, try talking openly about it and if you still can’t figure out what the reasons for your sexless marriage are, then consider seeing a professional counselor for help. It might be that psychological reasons are the culprit. One of you may have suffered sex abuse in childhood, thus making dealing with sexual intimacy hard as it will trigger memories of a horrid past.
If you are depriving your partner of sex just for selfish reasons or because you don’t feel like, you are setting your marriage up for failure. Stop your sexless marriage and learn to practice generous giving of your bodies to one another. Live unselfishly, serving your spouse through your sex life, make a conscious effort to spice up your sexual life and you will both reap the rewards.